cleaning out my closet

Katie H.
on 1/9/09 8:33 pm - Charlton, MA
i started cleaning out my closet....i've been avoiding this for a good solid two weeks!  i've got piles and piles of things that are just too big for me - the piles of things that are too big far outnumber the two small piles of things that actually fit!

i don't want to just throw it all in trashbags and send it to salvation army.  is anyone near central mass in need of 26/28's, 3x/4x's??

i personally think that salvation army should let me exchange three large trashbags of donated clothes for a bag of clothes that actually fit me!! 

"Running has the power to change your life. It will make you fitter, healthier, even happier."   ~Selene Yeager, "Let's Get Started," May 2010 issue of Runner's World

ElleTee
on 1/9/09 11:13 pm

Clothes aren't my size, but I wanted to say, GREAT JOB on the weight loss!

Can't wait to join you on the loser's bench!

Lara

purplefans
on 1/9/09 11:31 pm - MA
we have the Bethany House near us, and if you donate a bag you get $5 in shopping money at the store!  (Bethany House is a non-profit run by nuns - supports Norfolk MCI inmates and those who hae been released).  perhaps there is something similar near you.      What a fantastic job with your weight loss!!  You must feel fantastic!    Susan

NeedhamGal
on 1/10/09 8:07 am - MA
Even if you do donate them to the Salvation army, you are helping other women who might possibly need these clothes as their first items of clothing..not as extras. Sometimes donating the clothes takes away the "sting' that you paid XX for them and now you dont' fit into them.
Congratulations of your slimmer self!
Joan
ks4
on 1/10/09 12:53 pm - Fitchburg, MA
Does the weight loss center program that you work with have a clothing exchange program?  That may be somthing worth looking into.

Congrats on your weight loss.  You're doing fantastic!!!

Katie H.
on 1/10/09 9:09 pm - Charlton, MA
Thank you all for your replies!  I'm going to look up a local women's shelter and see if they can use them and then I'll use craigslist or freecycle for the rest!

Thanks!!

"Running has the power to change your life. It will make you fitter, healthier, even happier."   ~Selene Yeager, "Let's Get Started," May 2010 issue of Runner's World

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views